The best 3 things to do in Marrakech
We have selected the best 3 things to do when you are staying in Marrakech city in Morocco.
1. Take a walk in the Medina and the souks.
The Medina is the historical heart of Marrakech. Established nearly 1000 years ago, we can see the oldest and most beautiful buildings in the city. The Medina is surrounded by huge walls, and there are riads (traditional houses), palaces and many monuments. This is also where you can walk in the souks!
There are all kinds of souks in the Medina: souk of spices, crafts, leather, etc. These places are definitely worth seeing, just for the atmosphere! Beware, if you do not like to be accosted, the souks may not be made for you! The merchants are very friendly but can sometimes be a little too insistent …
If you want information on the history of the city, you can opt for a guided tour of the historic center. Prices for these tours are low, even for private tours, and usually include admissions to different monuments.
You can also book a multi-stop bus tour. These buses have an open roof to offer a panoramic view of the street and the monuments. It offers tourist routes with possible stops at the main tourist sites, especially at the Medina. It is an effective and practical solution to visit Marrakech and discover its monuments at a rather low price.
2- Visit the Majorelle Gardens
The Majorelle Garden is one of the most visited sites in Morocco! This place was created by the French painter Jacques Majorelle, who took nearly 40 years to complete his “work”. The garden contrasts sharply with the rest of the city, and one sometimes has the impression of evolving in a living tableau. The colors of the buildings and earthenware mingle with the exotic plants, and give the whole a haunting charm.
The entrance costs less than 7 €, it would be a shame to deprive yourself for this price! The place is not huge, but it is better to provide at least 1 hour to walk in peace.
3- Go on an excursion around Marrakech
The surroundings of Marrakech are full of natural sites all more beautiful than each other. In less than 3 hours of road, one can thus discover the mountains of the Atlas and its Berber villages, the valley of imlil or even the magnificent Ouzoud waterfalls!
Several sites can be easily visited in one day:
* Essaouira: This port city is protected by ramparts erected in the eighteenth century. It has a beautiful Medina and charming beaches where are offered many water activities (surfing, wakeboarding, etc.).
* Ouarzazate: this beautiful city is in the Atlas Mountains. This is where famous films such as Gladiator, Asterix & Obelix were shot: Mission Cleopatra, The Mummy or Prince of Persia.
* Ouzoud waterfalls: these impressive waterfalls are located 150 km from Marrakech. With a total height of 110 meters, they are found in the heart of a verdant oasis-like gorge. It is a beautiful natural site, calm and preserved. You can swim at the foot of the waterfalls and it is even possible to see the wild monkeys evolving in this environment.
* Atlas Mountains & Valleys (Imlil, Ourika …): these mountains are home to the highest peak in North Africa, Mount Toubkal (4,167 meters). There are bucolic landscapes (rivers, waterfalls, etc.), traditional Berber villages and magnificent panoramas.
There are many other things to do, feel free to contcat us if you need help.